Monday, March 12, 2007

Sledding at School

One thing I love about the North is the variety of activities compared to down south. Today I TOD'd a PE class and we went sledding. It is a beautiful day and with the 6 inches of new snow we got on the weekend, the sledding was awesome. Of course, one thing that never changes is the whining of students. It's amazing how grade 9 girl whining can put an end to a fun class of sledding.

We were surprised by the snow all day Saturday. I had just told Aaron on Friday that we should move the barbecue from the carport to the deck and then it snowed all day. Good thing we didn't move it. It is so bright here all the time and with the time change this weekend (a few weeks earlier than normal) it is light for even longer each day. It was almost 8pm before it was truly dark last night. Apparently, in the summer, it stays light until 11pm. I'm looking forward to that. I always seem to get so much more done when it is light out. The winter darkness just makes me want to hibernate.

I am going to my first all day scrapbooking 'event' in Houston on March 31st. I am really looking forward to it. It is put on by a Creative Memories person but hopefully she won't mind my non-CM style. I am going to buy the Disney album from her though, because they are really nice. I want to use it for Arden's autograph book.

I booked our Disneyland trip today. I can now officially be excited. I can hardly wait to see it all through Arden's eyes. She is going to love every minute of it. I even booked a Disney Princess Dinner for us. We are staying at a Residence Inn which is like a small appartment so it will be really comfortable. The next trip to book is Hawaii at Christmas. I am hoping Aaron won't change his mind because of the cost (about $7000) for the three of us for 10 days. I think it is so much more enjoyable to spend our money on trips and experiences rather than on 'stuff'. We always seem to have such a good time on trips and I have to admit, I love organizing a holiday for us!

No comments: