Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Feelin' the scrappin' bug

I am starting to feel like scrapbooking again. I really want to get our New York album done before spring break - which gives me just over two weeks. I am almost done the layouts and then I just have to go back and add embellishments and journaling. I used the same layout/formula for each page so it made it pretty quick. I used black cardstock with white, grey and red accents. I think it is turning out great.

I am going to my first all day crop in Houston. It is a Creative Memories crop so it might be interesting. I don't think the hostess has seen much other scrapbooking so I might shock her but I will try to keep it low key. The only CM stuff I really use now are my corner rounder and my small cutter. Sometimes I break out my circle or oval cutters, but it's pretty rare.

A couple of staff members here at the high school want to see my Cricut so I think I will bring it in tomorrow for a bit of a demo. Cricut just came out with a bunch of school related cartridges that would be really awesome for bulletin boards and really great for elementary teachers. I think I will visit Treasure Mart over spring break when we are in Vancouver for the Principals' conference. I am hoping they will have some of these new cartridges because their prices are amazing - almost half of other retailers.

I just wish we could get our bedroom done so I could have an actual scrapbooking room. The cave of a room I am in now is so uninspiring.

No comments: