Tuesday, May 02, 2006

We're back!

New York was AMAZING!!!! We had such a good time. There was so much to see, I can't wait to go back one day. The weather was awesome - I even got a sun burn when we went to the Statue of Liberty island.

While we were there we; visited Rockefeller Centre and went to "The Top of the Rock", Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty, World Trade Centre site, walked across the Brooklyn Bridge, saw Trump Tower, Park Avenue, Times Square, Broadway, Macy's, Saks, rode the Subway, saw Rent - 10th anniversary of its Broadway opening, and we went to two Yankees games. Not once did I feel afraid or uncomfortable.

The whole trip was awesome. We had some great meals as well. My favourite was the lunch we had at a café in Little Italy. We ate at delis - there are a lot of them - I had an amazing bagel with Nova (Nova Scotia salmon). We also ate hot dogs from a street vendor.

We didn't do a lot of shopping other than for souvenirs which was fine with me. I was more into the experiences. I did buy a couple of purses off the street - designer knock-offs and some great jewelery from a designer named Laila Rowe.

Aaron got lots of Yankees gear. He was in heaven!

I am getting my film developed tonight so I can't wait to see the photos. I mostly took photos without either of us in them. The buildings were so amazing I just couldn't stop taking pictures. I can't wait to scrapbook them!

No comments: