Thursday, May 04, 2006

It's Thursday!

I love Thursdays! It is a beautiful day today and it is starting to feel more like spring/summer every day. We have already cut the lawn twice and I am hoping to tackle the gardens today.

Arden has been taking private swimming lessons for a couple of weeks and she is doing AMAZING! She was so excited when she came home yesterday because she swam the whole length of the pool wearing a life jacket and then swam 10m without the life jacket! I really would like her to feel confident swimming in the lake this summer.

We are off to a wedding in Oak Harbour this weekend. It should be interesting. It is Aaron Silvis, the son of one of Aaron's umpire buddies, Bill, who is getting married. It is a Western themed wedding so we are not too sure what to expect. I love going to weddings but after having been in New York for a week I would really like to be staying home this weekend.

I have been feeling a little overwhelmed lately. Mostly work related. The sad part is I sit at home at night and watch stupid television instead of getting some marking or planning done. I just keep digging my own holes and then complain about getting out of them. Being a procrastinator really sucks sometimes.

Our dates for going to Great Britain are confirmed. We leave on July the 10th. We didn't get the tour we wanted but it is pretty close. We will be going to Scotland first - Glasgow, Isle of Skye, and Edinburgh, and then down to London. I am disappointed that we won't be going to Stratford or Oxford but that is because there are only 4 kids and me so we have to join another group. It will still be a great experience.

I am going to try really hard to check off some things on my "to do" list in the next couple of days. Maybe then I can feel "whelmed" - LOL

No comments: