Wednesday, May 10, 2006

I need motivation!

Well, it's Wednesday and I am still as overwhelmed as last week. Time to get off my keester and do something about it. My goal for the day is to get one assignment marked for my grade 11's. I think that once I get one thing done I will get the wheels in motion and hopefully be able to keep them going.

I am looking forward to tomorrow - and not just because it's Thursday! My brother is coming to do the last step in drywalling my scrapbook room. That means I might actually be able to paint this weekend! YEAH! Saturday is scrapbook day with the girls and Sunday is Mother's Day but I figure I can probably do the drywall primer on Saturday night if all goes well. I was reading on my friend's blog that she just got the shelves I want from Ikea so I might have to pop by her house and check them out. I would really like to have the room done before school gets out - it may be wishful thinking.

The wedding this past weekend was very interesting - to say the least. First time I have ever heard the pastor say "the wife, as the weaker partner in the marriage..." Yep, I couldn't believe it either. He also read a passage from Corinthian that talks about the man being subservient to God and the woman being subservient to man. I have been to weddings at churches that believe this before but usually they tame it down for a wedding with a mixed audience - not in this case. You could actually see the groom's side of the church stiffen when the pastor was speaking. I told Aaron we have a different Bible at our house - LOL. He had actually gotten stuck on subservient and hadn't heard the weaker part. I know there are groups that believe this but it is just shocking to actually hear it out loud.

The wedding was on Whidbey Island in Washington. It was in Oak Harbour. I would really like to go back to Whidbey. It looks like there are lots of neat places to visit. I even managed to find a scrapbook store that was having an amazing sale for National Scrapbook Day. I even won a prize in their prize draw - that was cool!

Well, best be off to actually get that marking done - I am such a procrastinator!

No comments: