Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Accommodations booked!

I spent the day today booking our hotel rooms. It always gets me excited. I even stayed within our budget which is pretty good for me. It is always surprising when we can stay in Boise for 2 nights for half of what we are paying to stay in Couer D'Alene for 2 nights. One of the most expensive nights is Moscow. I probably could have found something else if I used the tourist guide and phoned places but I like to see the pictures and information on-line. We are staying at the Columbia River Inn in Grand Coulee Dam which is a hidden gem in my opinion. The place we are staying at in Salmon could fall in the same category - of course these two places are the cheapest of all the hotels - go figure.

Now it's time for the really fun part - looking up places to visit like museums and theme parks, etc. I also like to find places to stop along the way. We are definitely going to Silverwood theme park and Boulder Beach in Couer D'Alene and I want to see the Crater of the Moon monument and the Sacajeweo (sp??) exhibit (that's in Salmon). Aaron is looking forward to the laser light show on the dam in Grand Coulee - Arden and I saw it in 2004 with my Mom. I'm not sure Arden remembers - I think she may have even fallen asleep before the show. In Missoula it would be cool if there was something to do with the Missoula Children's Theatre that came to Houston - I will check it out.

No comments: