Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Gettin' my groove back

I have decided that I just need to get myself in gear. I am being stupid and lazy - enough already! I am tidying the house today - did a good cleaning on Saturday already. I have been to the dentist this morning and now I am going to get to work on shortening Grandma's pants so that I can bring her new clothes to the lodge - 3 weeks late! I couldn't go over there because we have all been so sick. I told Arden that a cough to us can be deadly for the seniors at the lodge.
I heard from an insurance agent in Vernon today about a policy that Dad had. I didn't know he had life insurance. The irony is that when I was growing up I distinctly remember him telling me about selling life insurance and that it was a waste of money? I'm not sure what is going on with the rest of his estate and I have no idea how much money is involved. It is weird to think about the money but the way I look at it is that this is what my mom is leaving me too. When Dad died when I was 13 everything went to mom to care for us and for our lives. Then when mom died everything went to Dad (Chuck). If we didn't get anything after he died it wouldn't seem fair because both my first Dad and my mom worked so hard all their lives. They would want us to benefit from that. We will see what happens.

No comments: