Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Christmas cards

I took some great pictures of the girls in front of the fireplace yesterday. I am hoping that one of them will work for a photo Christmas card this year.

Wow - just had a weird feeling when I said "the girls." I am still not used to the idea that we have two children. Even though Lily is challenging me as a parent, mostly with her sleeping patterns, I am so overwhelmed with the feeling that I am so blessed. I just had really resolved myself to the fact that we were only going to have one child and now I look at Lily and then at Arden, and I know that there is a higher power looking out for us. Part of me hopes that Mom had some say in the matter. I need her to know how much I love her and how sorry I am for the way I treated her at times - that guilt pops up whenever Arden and I butt heads. She is so much like me and I don't want her and I to struggle the way my mom and I did at times. I guess it helps me to understand how much my mom loved me - I just wanted to be independent to badly, just like Arden.

No comments: