Friday, June 09, 2006

What a fun Friday

We just had our last barbecue of the year. It was a great success. I love this activity that we do. It gets everyone outside, we had our school's R&B band playing and it was generally a great lunch. I love all of these things that signal the end of the year - it just all feels good. Next Wednesday is our annual BYOB - the last B stands for banana. Everyone who brings their own banana gets a free banana split. Those who forget their bananas can buy one for a dollar. Dairy Queen generously donates the dishes and all of the sauces. It is a really great way to spend lunch.

Tomorrow is my scrapbooking day with my friends. We call ourselves The Fraser River Scrappers. It is really fun. I am hoping to get my nieces' graduation scrapbooks finished tomorrow.

Aaron got a call from the Bulkley Valley school district yesterday. He applied for two vice-principal positions in their district, one in Smithers and one in Houston. I hope he at least gets an interview. It would really boost his confidence and give him some much needed interview experience. I am not sure how I will feel if he gets the job. Smithers is about the same size as Hope and Houston is about half the size. Very different climate however - a lot more snow! It would mean that I would probably only have to TOC which would be nice. It will be a tough decision should we have to make it.

Tonight is our FCTA golf and dinner. It is usually a good time. Aaron and I came 2nd or 3rd last year but neither of us have golfed this year so I am not sure how we will do. It is always a fun night - as long as it doesn't rain for the golf part.

No comments: