Thursday, April 20, 2006

New York state of mind!


Aaron and I are off to New York next week. To say I'm excited would be an understatement.

It is Aaron's 40th birthday in June and I wanted to do something really special for him. He (and I) don't need any more "stuff" so I thought a trip would be the right choice. Last year I gave him 2 options - although there really was only one obvious choice. I asked him if he would like to go to Whistler for a weekend with 3 buddies for a golfing trip or if he would like to go to New York with me to see the Yankees. He chose the Yankees - which really, I knew he would! I also later found out that this is the last season for the Yankees at Yankee Stadium so it is even better that we are going this year. We are going to see 2 games - vs. Tampa Bay and vs. the Blue Jays. We are also going to see Rent. We are going to be typical tourists as well and go to the Statue of Liberty, the Chrysler Building, the Empire State Building, and I'm sure there will be a bit of shopping thrown in as well. I would like to do a carriage ride through Central Park but I'm not sure that is high on Aaron's list of priorities - LOL!

This is a big travel year for me as I am taking students to England and Scotland in July. There are only 4 students going with me and they are great kids so I think it will a wonderful trip. It is through EF, an educational tour company so everything is planned for us. I am really looking forward to the Scotland part of the trip as I have never been there. It will be great to visit some of the places I talk about when teaching Macbeth every year.

No comments: