Friday, April 21, 2006

Happy Friday!

Yeah!!!! Today is Friday. So far it hasn't been such a bad day. The weather is a little miserable - rainy, windy, stormy - but it keeps the kids focused on school. Good weather too early in the spring is the kiss of death for high schools. Kids 'check out" early as soon as the sun begins to shine on a regular basis.

I decided yesterday that Thursdays are my favourite day of the week. Not the normal "favourite day" kind of day but I really like Thursdays. It could have something to do with good television - Survivor, CSI, Commander in Chief - or it could be that the next day is Friday so it makes me feel happy. Whatever it is, I like Thursdays.

I think I am also addicted to the exclamation point! I tend to use it a lot when writing, especially here or on message boards. When I am excited about something, I really use it!

Today was the final of our Dodgeball Tournament. It went really well. There were lots of kids in the gym watching and the teams seemed to enjoy themselves. The winners liked that they got t-shirts. I am so proud of my first year Leadership students who organized this event. They really did a good job! Sometimes letting them organize something without the older students is less intimidating and they are free to express their ideas.

Off to Chilliwack after school today. Arden needs new "dancing shoes" - her name for dress shoes. And she needs sandals. I would also like to get a few things for the travel journal/scrapbook I am going to do during our trip to New York. I am going to take some supplies with me and do the pages each evening using staples, etc. I don't think I will include photos in this. If it works out then I will create the same thing for myself and my four students before we go to England and Scotland. I read about Ali Edwards doing this and it looked like it would work if you had it set up before you went on the trip. I also want to find an outfit to wear to the theatre in New York. Arden and I will probably hit White Spot as well for dinner as Aaron is not a fan so Arden and I go when he isn't with us.

No comments: