Tuesday, August 11, 2009

What's new in Poulinville

• Lily is turning one on Thursday. This seems so hard to believe. We waited 8 years for her and now the time is just flying by.

• Lily is cruising around the furniture and is a little speed demon. She is definitely a more active child than Arden ever was. I think she will be walking by September.

• Thanks to HL, Lily's nickname is Sunny - as in Sunny Baudelaire from Lemony Snicket's Series of Unfortunate Events. She bites everything. I can just picture her hanging from the edge of the table by her teeth like Sunny in the movie.

• I went all girly girl today - haircut, manicure and pedicure. My toes look awesome! I just went to the nail place in the Chilliwack mall. I will definitely go there again. I really liked that I wasn't forced to chit chat the entire time - it was nice.

• I start getting paid this week! Yipee! But that also means that work is looming. I'm excited and a bit nervous to go back to work. There have been lots of changes at HSS in the last 3 years and I'm not sure where I am going to fit in.

• Only a couple of days until our holidays. I am really looking forward to the family time. I've got the passports and the baseball tickets in my purse already - they are the two things we can't!!! forget.

• We paid to have Lily's birthday up on the scoreboard at the Mariners/Yankees game. Hopefully we don't miss it so I can get a picture.

• It's been a great summer. Relaxing but I feel like we have made good use of the time. We have done some touristy things and Arden has played with friends and done some things like camp and bible day camp.

• One of the students I took to Scotland back in 2006 was killed in a terrible vehicle crash a couple of weeks ago. His service was last Friday and it was very nice. I have great memories of that trip. The student who was killed was Alex Lowe. The other 3 students who went to Scotland were Greg Webber, Kirstie Campbell, and Grace Mofoot. Alex had a really promising future. I was especially touched thinking about him and his girlfriend Larissa. It is so sad that they never got to see where their young love might take them.

No comments: