Monday, June 15, 2009

What's new

The school year is rapidly approaching. Aaron and Arden will be done in another week and a half. It is hard to believe that Arden will be in grade 4 next year. She is such a little lady. Too much like me at times.

Lily is settling into a real routine. We were out shopping today and she really is a good baby. I said to Aaron that Arden was a good baby too so maybe we are just good parents - I think I like that theory, LOL.

Umpire season is in full swing. I miss being able to just sit and watch Aaron "do his thing." It is too hard with a baby and an 8 year old. Arden is very helpful with Lily when Aaron is away. I am grateful for this.

Lots of staff changes in the district. It makes everyone tense. I hope that my return to work in September will be ok.

Still enjoying our home and yard. Unfortunately our neighbour mows our lawn occasionally. I appreciate his gesture but he mows it too short and now our front lawn is looking yellow. I don't want to appear ungrateful but I might have to say something because the lawn was looking so great before.

Got three new Cricut cartridges on sale at Michaels on Saturday. I'm looking forward to trying them out.

Bev invited me over to scrapbook on Friday night. Maybe I can actually get my Disney album done!

Arden had two field trips last week. The first was to Hatzic Rock and the second was to Camp Squeah. The Sqeah one was great because she got a taste of what camp is going to be like. I think she is more excited to go now.

Aaron and I are really trying to lose weight and lower our cholesterol. We are eating oatmeal for breakfast three times a week and trying to go for a walk after dinner every night. I am feeling better already. It would be really nice to be down to that size 12 by the time I go back to work in September. I would like to be able to buy some new clothes on our summer holiday and it is much more fun when I can buy them in any store - not just the plus sized stores.

Got Aaron 2 awesome gifts for Father's Day and now I'm not sure if either of them will be here in time - frustrating!

I am in total summer reading mode. I rarely turn the tv on during the day. Got three more books at Costco today.

Had a family visit to the optometrist today. Our eyes are all healthy and Arden has 20/20 vision. My eyesight hasn't changed despite having to hold the book a little further away when reading. The optometrist said I will eventually need reading glasses but for now my light prescription for distances, driving, etc. is good enough. Aaron's eyes have changed a bit but he is still relatively the same.

No comments: