Thursday, April 30, 2009

Update

• have been enjoying the nice weather - I feel rejuvenated

• got my pots planted - 8 in total - and they are looking great. I love it when the petunias start to bloom over the edges.

• dug all the bark mulch out of the front garden - I hate that stuff - it makes such a mess and the weeks still grow through it. I added some dirt to the garden and put plastic edging around it to keep the grass from overtaking the garden. I want to plant some allysum and marigolds as a border and then maybe some other flowers amongst the perenials that are already there - I am just waiting for my bulb order to arrive from the Cubs because I ordered some hostas and fairy lilies

• I am appreciating that Lily is starting to be more predictable in her sleep patterns

• I am excited to be making some birthday invitations for my friend TC - they are for her mother's 90th birthday. I plan to make them either tomorrow morning or Saturday - only 12 so not too big of a job

• even though I said I didn't care what I am teaching next year, I was excited to learn that I will have 2 blocks of English 11 and 1 block of Writing 12 - I am excited to bring back the school newspaper. I don't know what my other 4 blocks will be but as long as it isn't Learning Assistance I think I'm ok with anything

• Aaron reads my blog - that's weird

• I am going to Aaron's class tomorrow afternoon to make squash books with his kids for Mother's Day - this is such a great project and the moms always love it

• getting excited for June 30th to see Sonya and Brooklyn - I miss their friendship. We are going to the Jonas brothers concert that night but they are coming in at 8am so we can spend the day together.

• I didn't know I would miss Houston as much as I do - it makes me feel like crying sometimes when I think about it - it really was a great place to live and I made some good friends there that I did different things with, like golfing. My friends here seem to be focussed on scrapbooking which is nice but I liked having friends that I did other things with

• I need to get started making arrangements for our summer holiday. August 13th is the start with the Mariners/Yankees game - Happy Birhtday Lily!

No comments: